Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bean Bag, Bean Bag!!

Well, its time to write about my Bean bag experience. Last month my friend got married and I was thinking what to gift him. I had discussed this matter with my wife and she came up with the idea of gifting a bean bag. I too remembered then (tubelight) that he had actually wanted a bean bag some time back. I had actually been with him for enquiries. So I decided to buy him a bean bag and went to Caprius bean bag in Koramangala and gave an order. When I tried the bean bag, I felt very comfortable. Caprius delivers the bean bag free of cost!!. I gave an order for a XXXL size bean bag which costs Rs.2900. After some haggling I had a deal for Rs. 2600 with a free home delivery. So I had it delivered to my friends place directly. I have to admit, it was very comfortable to sit on a bean bag.

My birthday was around the corner and I asked my wife to gift me a bean bag (am one of the fortunate few :) I guess). After a week we had been to the same caprius bean bag center and found it locked. When I called up their office, no one picked up and I thought they closed down forever. So I started searching at other places. I remembered seeing a bean bag at the featherlite showroom at Forum and asked my wife to enquire there. They charged Rs 2125 for a Jumbo sized one. We also enquired in the @home store (right opposite Forum) and found that the quality was not very good and moreover it was overpriced at Rs.2700. I had even seen the bean bag at M.K.Retail @ Indiranagar. It was Rs. 2000 (1999 to be precise) there. I was not impressed with their quality. I had searched online and got a couple of other manufacturers viz., F-Gear and Pensee leathers both based out of Bangalore. I got a chance to see the F-Gear bean bags at SPAR hypermarket on the Bannerghatta road. The quality of the material used was not great. They had some other brand which cost Rs.2950 which was way more than by budget. Meanwhile the Caprius bean bag store was still locked. It was almost two weeks since I had started my search. I found the one at Featherlite, Forum was the best and gave an order for it. There was one problem here though, they dont deliver it at our homes, we have to arrange to carry it ourselves.

So, here I am sitting comfortably on my bean bag and watching the IPL Season 2. I believe the Caprius have reopened their stores recently!!!!


Some Facts
Bean bag refers to a leather bag filled with polysterene beans. It takes the shape depending on which way we sit. For best comforts, buy a big size bean bag. Long use of the bean bag causes the beans to be compressed and reduces the comfort level. So, we have to top-up the beans (just like our prepaid mobiles :)). All the manufactures say the beans would normally last for 1-1.5 years depending on our usage. The beans cost around Rs.300 per Kg. A big size bean bag will need upto 4-5 Kgs of beans. It may not be necessary to refill the entire set of beans. We can fill as per our requirements.

Dealers in Bangalore: Featherlite, Caprius, @home, Looking Good Furniture, M.K.Retail,
F-Gear, Pensee leathers, SPAR hypermarket etc..
Price(the largest size): Featherlite Rs.2125
Caprius Rs. 2900 (you can bargain plus they give free home delivery)
@home Rs. 2700
M.K.Retail Rs. 2000
SPAR: Rs. 2950

Warranty: Most of them provide a minimum of 1 Year warranty on the stitches.
Caprius provides 3 years warranty.

5 comments:

  1. Find a large selection of Bean Bag Chairs for your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caprius now provides XXXL bean bags for Rs2000 after some bargaining. There is a new outlet just 50meters behind Udupi_Garden PETROL PUMP in BTM 1st Stage. However, the guy was adamant for the price of XXXXL sized bag @ Rs3000.
    Anyone wanting to buy a bean bag, please contact me as bulk orders fetch more discount. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post has given information about bean bags. Useful post

    Bean Bags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caprius beanbags XXXL is in 1700 bucks.

    ReplyDelete